Our CSR Mission
To contribute to bring about a positive change in our society and use the available technological resources to enhance our reach.
The Company shall undertake CSR activities as recommended by the CSR Committee and approved by the Board from time to time in any one or more of the areas falling under the following as specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act,2013, as may be amended from time to time:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition (promoting health care including preventive health care) and sanitation (including contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh set-up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation) and making available safe drinking water.
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects.
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water (including contribution to the 'Clean Ganga Fund' set-up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga.
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts.
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents.
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognised sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports.
- Contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the scheduled castes, the scheduled tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government.
- Rural development projects.
- Slum area development ('Slum Area' shall mean any area declared as such by the Central Government or any State Government or any other competent authority under any law for the time being in force.
We strive to implement the CSR activities on our own strengths to the extent possible. We also recognize the need to partner with organisations who have similar objectives, registered as a Charitable Trust or a Section 8 company under the Companies Act, 2013 or a Society or NGOs or any other form of entity incorporated in India that performs/specializes in CSR activities.
The corpus for the CSR activities is an amount, 2% of the average net profit of the Company in the preceding three financial years. The Surplus arising out of profits of the CSR projects or programs or activities shall not form part of the business profit of the Company
A CSR Committee is established to provide regular progress report to the Company's Board.
The report would indicate:
- Brief content of this policy.
- Achievements in the preceding three months.
- Achievements of the year-to-date.
- Plans to overcome shortfalls if any.
- Support required for the CSR Committee.
- Budgeted expenditure and variances.
- Progress report for activities partnered by Trust/Society/NGO's etc.
The Board regularly reviews the progress report of the CSR Committee.